I sometimes struggle to deal with the demands and challenges that are thrown at me while I try to find success in my affiliate marketing business to make money online. I think to myself, “If one more change or challenge comes down the road, I am not sure how well I am going to manage it!” We get overwhelmed. The pressure to get everything done and done right can make us feel doomed!
How can we find the resilience that we need to meet the demands of running a successful affiliate marketing business and make money online.? We need to do to more than just cope, as coping would seem that we are just getting by, and that we continue to struggle, — just keeping our heads above water.
Having resilience, however, is defined as the ability to bounce back from adversity or challenges with a renewed sense of energy, competency, and hope. When we are resilient, we are able to navigate difficult or stressful situation without falling apart. Furthermore, valuable lessons are learned from the experience and gives us a renewed sense of purpose.
Highly resilient people have the capability to deal with disruptions and uncertainty. They handle unexpected and changing expectations. They adapt to a new way of doing things when the old way no longer works.
To grow your affiliate marketing business and be able to make money online, you will need to strengthen your resilience by developing these five essential components:
- Purpose : this is understanding and knowing what really matters to you. This is understanding what really makes your life meaningful. Reaching your goals is what gets you up in the morning and provides you with the motivation to keep going when times are hard. Having a sense of purpose and intention creates the internal compass that keeps you on your path.
- Perseverance: this is the steadfast adherence to a course of action, a belief or a purpose. This is your ability to keep going even when there are obstacles. You use patience and sheer grit to turn mistakes into learning experiences, never giving up on yourself or your dreams and finding your way around the things that get in your way. Perseverance takes courage, stamina and commitment.
- Equanimity: being able to “hold your seat” and stay steady even when the ride is rocky. You can remain calm and open to what is happening in your life even when things aren’t going your way. You will recognize that change is ever present; that anything can happen at any time and nothing is ever certain or secure. You can take everything that comes your way in stride, neither clinging to what you wish was happening nor resisting what you wish wasn’t happening.
- Self-reliance: this depends on you, yourself, your abilities, your judgment and your resources. You can trust yourself and take responsibility for dealing with the challenges, and experiences. During your difficult times, your self-reliance will allow you to ask “How did I contribute to this situation? What was my part in this?” rather than finding blame elsewhere, outside of yourself. You experience that sense of control over your own life.
- Complete self-acceptance: Deeply realizing your own worth and goodness is what this is about. Being comfortable with who you are, with all your flaws! You are able to offer yourself the same compassion, forgiveness and kindness that you would look to give to others. It is about placing value in your own uniqueness and knowing that you have EVERY right to be YOU.
Find your success with your affiliate marketing business and make money online. You can have success and not fall faint to the point of giving up. You can be resilient!
For a good read consider this book to help you understand and build better resilience